IT'S TIME FOR BLOGGING...

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My second Skype Exchange





At last, last Monday I had my second Skype Exchange.
As the first one it was a very interesting opportunity to practise our English and to learn something new about a foreign culture.
This time I spoke with a girl called Leah.
Generally, we communicated in English but sometimes she tried to speak Italian.

First we talked a little about our different way to celebrate the imminent Easter.
Then Leah told me she was Jewish so...her Easter had a totally different meaning and name: Passover.
She explained me that, during Passover, they don't eat bread or drink beer for eight days. Moreover, they had a special dinner and read their Psalms.
After this, my American peer asked me some questions about the topic of our new wiki page: Water resources in Italy.
In particular, she wanted to know something about the Mose Project in Venice and its consequences for the city.

At the end, the conversation went back to alternative sources of energy.
In fact, Leah asked my opinion about the renewable source of energy for the future of Italy. It wasn't an easy question!

That's all for the moment
Annalisa


Photo sources:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home